April 17, 2011

You can get tangled up in a ball of rubber bands and twine, the cowhide and pine tar, snuff, spit and chalk dust lines.

It's been a pretty crazy week here-usually we don't get too busy for Easter, but between that and Passover the phones at work have been off the hook! Add that to the end of the semester (which is actually relatively easy this time around!) and I've been a little crazy but it keeps me busy so I can't really complain :-)

A few weeks ago I asked my boss is I could have the 13th off (this past Wednesday) to go to the Tigers game if I found someone to go with me. He told me I could but I couldn't find anyone who had the day off and/or wanted to go with me! My heart was a little broken, to be honest :-(

At the gym Wednesday morning, I was talking to my mom and asked how she would feel if I went to Detroit by myself. I've been to the city more times than I can count, but always with someone. She said she didn't really see a problem with it, so at 8 am I called my boss and asked if I could work a half day-because he's the best boss ever he said yes and I bought my ticket!

I went in to work for a few hours and then headed to Detroit. It was seriously probably one of the best things I've ever done. I got my peanuts, headed into the ball park, got my scorecard and found my seat about 15 mins before first pitch. It was perfect.

The weather was pretty great too-58 degrees and sunny. It got a little hot but the breeze picked up in the second half of the game so that was great. The best part though was that they won! Come from behind-down 2-0 in the 7th, tied it at 2 all and then Brandon Inge hit a walk-off homer in the 9th :-)

The only bad thing was I walked away with a sunburn :-( Most of it has started to turn into a tan, but my nose is still red and I have a pretty bad burn on my chest-it's all red and angry looking lol It's been hurting all week but today it feels better so hopefully I won't have to go to the doctor or anything

On Thursday, I had my first Safety Committee meeting, where I got nominated to write the Safety Article for our monthly newsletter! I'm really looking forward to working on the committee-it seems like it's going to be fun!

After that I grabbed some ice cream with a friend (because I'm obsessed with dirt sundaes from Ice Cream Time right now...oops!) and then met up with some other friends to watch Survivor. I just started watching this season, so I'm super behind but can I just say Boston Rob is a d-bag? Also, Matt is super cute (even if he got voted off!)

I didn't really do much with my day off on Thursday so on Friday, I headed into Canton to go shopping. I didn't really find much (still searching for a new purse-ugh!) but I did find these at Target...And for all five it cost me $5! Love it!

I really wanted the green-ish one on the far left (the picture doesn't do it justice-on my fingers its a really gorgeous light mint green-I'm in love!) and the one in the middle, which looks nothing like it does in the picture. In the picture it's pink but in real life, it's a coral/orange/cream-sicle kind of color. I love them!

The rest of Friday involved watching All Worked Up with Dan, which is like Lizard Lick Towing but with other people too! I seriously can't get enough of it-it's replaced the hole Jersey Shore and Teen Mom have left haha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...