February 2, 2012

Your Mama called the law and they're gonna take me away. Down so far even the Devil won't stay.

I love live music-in fact, it is one of my favorite things. I love everything about being at a show-the people, the noise, the atmosphere, the dancing, the singing. But my favorite part, is how, when certain songs are played, and the bass line drops and the kick drum is holding its own, and you can feel it in your chest. Almost as if your pulse and your heart take on the same rhythm as the song and I can just fall back and get lost, completely in those moments.

Yes, that sounds dramatic. But honestly that's how I feel. I've left concerts feeling like I've had a life altering, spiritual experience-also dramatic, but true.

The last concert I saw was back in October and I'm itching to see some live music. But when I was listening to my Ipod this past week, these two songs came on that the Truckers played at that show...





Just listening to that, and I'm instantly transported back to the show. I can literally feel the music in my veins...

One of the best feelings in the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...