February 8, 2012

They say it's your birthday. We're gonna have a good time.

I don't usually do "foodie" posts-I like food, don't get me wrong. But it's not exactly a passion of mine and I don't really know too much about it.

But the meal that I had on my birthday was so good, I just had to share. We went to the Roadhouse, which I had been to a few times before, but the food we had this time was the best I've had there-everything was sooooo good!


Our server was super sweet and everyone we came in contact with was amazing. It definitely made the whole experience that much better.Sweet table decorations-I have an unhealthy obsession with balloons lol They are still living in my apartment :-)

We started out with mussels which were in a white wine and garlic sauce. Um...yum! I hadn't seen these on the menu before and I'm so glad we were able to try them. They were one of my favorite parts of the meal. I could've eaten just these and been a happy girl!

Our waitress brought us out a sample of the Pimento cheese and told us all about how good it was. We, of course, already knew but didn't have the heart to tell her we had just bought a quart of it earlier in the day haha


Another server had noticed we were done with the mussels, but still had lots of the delicious suace left, so he brought is out some bread to dip in it. Oh.My.God. I can't even describe how good it was-we just kept eating and eating it! We were almost stuffed and hadn't even ordered our entrees yet!

While we let all that digest waited for our food, we took some pictures...


My parents-they always look like this! My mom has a big grin and my dad...looks like that haha

I couldn't take a decent picture to save my life that night (or so I thought lol) So my brother and I settled on the "Steve Colbert"...


And the reverse...

I'm sure the people at the next table didn't know what to think haha Then our food came and all thoughts of pictures went out the window....

They specialize in "really good, American food" and that is exactly what we got! I had a BBQ sampler basically-four different kinds of meat with four different kids of sauce. So good and so much food! I got three meals out of it! My brother had fried chicken and we split a side of their famous mac and cheese (no really, it was on the Food Network!). My mom had seared sea scallops and my dad had gumbo-it was all delicious. I'm pretty sure if it was socially acceptable to lick our plates, we would have lol

Even though we were stuffed we weren't going to say no to dessert....

Yes, that's a doughnut with ice cream on top.... A homemade doughnut sundae.

We also got butterscotch pudding, which has sea salt sprinkled on top. My brother named it "God's caramelized salted sugar bowl." And, no, I don't think that an exaggeration-it was that good. It was light and creamy and deliciously buttery. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

After all of that we were all sufficiently stuffed. I went to bed pretty much immediately after I got home. Food coma = birthday success.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...