February 7, 2012

My excuse is that I'm young. And I'm only getting older so somebody shoulda told ya.

This year, I decided to treat ma' self (Parks & Rec? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?) and take my birthday off. It was quite nice to just be able to enjoy the day and not have to be stuck at work.

I worked on Friday since I was taking Saturday off, but my co-workers let me start my birthday early so I got to leave pretty early. Best co-workers ever. I started my birthday off right- with a nap. It.Was.Glorious.

When I woke up, I met my parents and we went to shul. It was my grandmother's yarzheit (anniversary of her death) so it was nice for the three of us to be there together. After temple, my dad headed home and my mom and I grabbed a snack before running some errands. We went to Cost Plus (which is my new favorite store) and picked up a lovely birthday present that I will be showing ya'll soon :-)

After that we headed to the Creamery to pick up some stuff for our Superbowl meal the next day



and my birthday gelato

Chocolate with pieces of peanut brittle-yum!

Between the sugar crash from the gelato and staying up too late the night before, I decided to take a quick nap before meeting up with my friend to go see a movie.

We saw Beauty and the Beast in 3d and it was so cool! Normally, I'm not a huge fan of 3d movies but this one was the best I've seen so far! My friend brought her 4 year old nephew and he totally made the movie, he was so adorable! About half way through, he put his little head on my arm-seriously, melted my heart! The movie itself was great and I still knew all the songs by heart...love love love!

We went out to dinner later that night, but I think this is long enough so I'll give that it's own post :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...