May 26, 2011

Oh, we're gonna get high and inside, high and inside

Since our hotel was right downtown, it was only about a 15 minute walk to PNC Park. We crossed over the Roberto Clemente Bridge,

grabbed some pizza (since we had only had ice cream for lunch lol) and grabbed our seats. We were able to get seats about 15 rows back from 3rd base, which was pretty sweet.

It was Free Shirt Friday, so we all got free shirts, which ended up coming in handy (for a few reasons)

Before the game started, we got to watch the players warm up




and the mascot mess with the reporter.
















There were also players signing autographs...



Andrew McCutchen






Steve Pearce











who signed my shirt!

Woo hoo! I feel weird getting excited about autographs but I just can't help it haha

After I got my autograph, I got back up to our seats, and my mom was laughing so hard! I couldn't figure out why, but then she said "Oh my god, Amanda! When you were running down there, all I could think of was how you looked like a little guidette!"

I told her how happy I was to hear that and we both cracked up!

The game was fairly uneventful, untill about the third inning when it started raining. It had been cloudy all day, but we were hoping it would hold off-unfortunately, it didn't :-(

It started off as just a drizzle, but eventually started pouring.

I thought it was funny that my dad was using the pink umbrella haha

A lot of people ended up leaving so we just went back a few rows so we were under the over hang and didn't get as wet.

Notice everyone wearing the shirts on their heads as protection lol

PNC Park was a really nice park, I loved the location on the river and the park itself was really nice and clean. Plus the view is amazing!


Next time I go back to Pittsburgh, I will definitely be taking in another ball game!

After the game, it stopped raining, so we tried to find the hotel and got lost walked back to the hotel and got some food at the hotel bar. The hotel was also hosting a prom so we watched as all the girls tottered around in their heels and the guys adjusted their ties uncomfortably lol After some reminiscing (ie How has it been FIVE years since I graduated!?!?!), we all went upstairs and passed out haha

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...