May 15, 2011

He was crowned the Yankee Flipper by the foul ball of fame. He gave 50,000 fans the finger, but we'd like to share a little bit of the blame.

A few weeks ago, my family and I headed out to Detroit for my second game of the year!

It was such a beautiful day out-sunny, warm, nice breeze. There really is nothing better than being at a ball park during the summer.

But before we actually went to the game, we stopped off at Slow's BBQ in Detroit for lunch.

My family had never been, so they were all super stoked to go. And Slow's did not disappoint.


My brother and dad both got The Reason, which is pulled pork, pickles and cole slaw. You get to choose from their 5 different BBQ sauces, including my favorite apple-yummy!













My mom and I split The Mary Anne, which was brisket, onion and pickles. It was so so so good!











We also split a bunch of sides...sweet potato mash (delicious), french fries (I was the only one who wanted cheese on them so I lost and we got them plain but yummy none the less), green beans (which are sauteed in mustard...so good), and of course, you can't go to Slow's with out getting Mac and Cheese (I'm trying to think of another synonym for delicious, but can't come up with anything to adequately describe how amazing it is haha)



Since it was the beginning of our mini-vacation, my mom decided we had to have desert. So we got...The Chuck Norris-warm Oreo brownie, with coffee ice cream and Sander's Hot Fudge. Mmmm....









After lunch we went down to the ball park and got tickets. We ended up sitting in the upper deck along the first base line. Pretty good seats since we were able to see everything and (much to my mothers dismay) right in the sun haha









It was Paws' (the Tiger's mascot) birthday, so they had a bunch of other mascots there to celebrate and sing him "Happy Birthday" haha







After the game, which the Tigers won 6-3 over the Yankees, we piled in the car and started the drive out to Pittsburgh! Yay for mini vacations!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...