April 8, 2012

Tony, you're Boston's chosen son

Like I mentioned on Thursday, Opening Day is kind of a big deal in Detroit. I knew that going into it, but I honestly had no idea just how big of a deal it was until I got down there!

The game started at 1:05, but we got down there at 10. Yes, 10am. And we were late! haha There were people who had been there since 8 in the morning!

We walked around for a little bit and watched everyone tailgate, before heading into the park... and walking around some more lol


We watched the Sox take batting practice and Jimmy was running around trying to catch every ball that was anywhere near us. It was nice, but cold!

We mad our way up to our seats to watch them unveil the 2011 AL Central Championship Banner. I know this sounds dorky, but it seriously gave me chills! I just love this time of year and thinking back to last year and how great this year is going to be, I just couldn't help it!

I didn't take any pictures during the actual game because I was too busy paying attention haha They won, which was great- Verlander pitched a gem and Valverde almost blew it, but AJax hit a walk-off single. It was definitely exciting to watch! And there was no one I would have rather been there with- Jimmy and I had such a great time, I don't think either of us stopped smiling the entire time (whether that was because of the company, or because we both love baseball, is still up for debate lol)

After the game, we got some dinner and ice cream before going home to take a nap-sitting outside at the ball park is exhausting! haha

Ice cream and baseball? This boy knows the way to my heart! lol

Did anyone else celebrate Opening Day?
Any baseball fans out there?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...