August 23, 2011

I can't die now 'cause I got another show to do.

After doing my prep Sunday night, I was able to sleep pretty well until it was time to get up and get ready. My appointment was at 9:30 and we wanted to be there early.

After checking in they gave us this thing which beeps when they are ready for me, and then beeps again when I am in recovery so I can be picked up. But all I could think about was the things they give you at a restaurant so you know when your table is ready.

Am I wrong?

After our table was ready the nurses were ready, I got taken back and my vitals were taken, my IV was inserted and all that good stuff. I had to wait for the doctor to be ready but eventually, they wheeled me into the operating room.

Can I just state for the record how much I *hate* hospitals? I know you're like, "Well, duh! Who likes 'em?" But, really. I hate them. They are full-on-anxiety-attack-inducing to me.

I tried to occupy myself and talk to the nurse, but I started getting really anxious and the amount of sedative they were using wasn't quite working. I started crying, which the nurse said was a common side effect (I don't know if that's true or if she was just trying to make me feel better), which only raised my heart rate. I told them I was light headed and they gave me some anti-nausea medication right in my IV, while also doubling the sedative.

That did the trick apparently, because I don't remember anything of the procedure itself and very little afterward. I vaguely remember being in recovery but I could barely open my eyes. According to my mom, I was offering the nurse product suggestions for products from the bakery I work at (I told my boss my job has infiltrated my sub-conscious haha)

I made it home and went straight to bed. I woke up for about 5 minutes a few hours later, but was back in bed soon there after. Around 5:30, I woke up for good and was *finally* able to eat for the first time in almost 36 hours, which was amazing!

According to the sheet they gave me, everything looked good but they took 5-6 samples to biopsy anyway. I should have results in about two weeks and need to follow up with my doctor.

I still feel a little groggy and out of it today (case in point-I was teaching a class at work today, which I totally forgot about until my boss called my 15 minutes before it was supposed to start, and I was trying to say "shot" but said "shat" instead. Oops.), but I'm glad to have it over with. Hopefully my doctor can see me as soon as the results are in, along with the results from a few other tests I've taken, and we can go from there.

Thanks for all the prayers-it really means a lot to me.


Katie said...

Glad everything went well. Hope you get good results ASAP!!


Following via FTLOB. I also followed you on Twitter. Have a great Thursday!

A Ladybug's Life


Vapid Vixen said...

I love when people say "shat". To me it always sounds like the hoity toity way of saying shit.

"Oh today was just dreadful dahling. I had Mexican for lunch and hours later shat myself silly".

Just seems less offensive for some reason.

Ross said...

Good to know that everything went well. Will be praying for good results!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...