October 3, 2010

'Til then I call-They sky might fall, but I'm not worried at all.

Last night I got the opportunity to see this man in concert.

Mr. Solo Dolo AKA Kid Cudi

Occasionally, Ypsi gets some big stars to come play, so last night he was at the Convocation Center at EMU. I ended up getting free tickets (and then almost not getting them, but then getting them again...phew). I don't think I blogged about going to see him because I didn't want to jinx it, but luckily everything worked out and me and Rebecca were able to see him :-)

Ro Spit and Paradime opened up for him. I was feeling Ro Spit, but Paradime, not so much. I mean, he wrote an ode to Guinness-Kind of reminded me of a low rent ODB. But I can't hate too much, considering he's from Detroit.

Then Chip Tha Ripper came out and I'd heard him before so that was pretty sweet. I liked him a lot-Anyone who has a song called "Plural" about girls and weed is thumbs up in my book. "Two goin' at once-I like my girls like I like my blunts". Hilarious.

Cudi put on a pretty short set, unfortunately, and there wasn't an encore, which was weird. I don't think I've ever been to a concert where there wasn't an encore, so that kind of sucked.

I felt old-all the kids were like 15. How do I feel old at 22? That's totally not fair!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...