October 23, 2010

Glory days, well they'll pass you by. Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye.

Nothing of note is really going on, but I've taken a few pictures that I wanted to share. So pretty much, these are just things that make me smile :-)

First, is my hometown. A lot of people rag on Ypsilanti, where I grew up, but I love it and unless for some reason my parents move to the other side of the country, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon. It's got just the right mix of small town and big city. Case in point, when I was driving home the other day I passed by this:


Outside the computer repair store, there was a piano that had a sign saying "PLAY ME!". And sure enough, an old man sat down and started playing "God Bless America". I turned down my music and listened for a minute. I just thought it was really sweet.

Right next door to my hometown is Ann Arbor, and unfortunately, people often compare Ypsi and Ann Arbor, and try to shed a not so nice light on Ypsi, which I hate! And while I usually resent Ann Arbor for making us look bad, it does have some pretty cool stuff, like this:

It's a fairy door. Probably can't tell from the picture, but it's about 6 inches tall and there's lots of glitter and sparkles all around it. It's on the side of an art gallery downtown. There are tons of them all over and they've been there for years, but I've never actually seen one. I found this one when I was walking to the concert with my Dad and I saw all the glitter on the ground and before I realized what it was I asked if there was a drag parade that I missed. Haha.


Next, is my brother because he doesn't get mad when I send him random pictures in Target.

CASUAL JACKETS!!!

Lastly, is my nail polish. I'm loving all the new fall colors, and was really drawn to this gold that I found.


It's ULTA Lotsa Luxe and then I found gold glitter made my E.L.F at Target (It's called Golden Goddess) for $1, so you know I couldn't say no hehe I look like I have a disco ball on my fingers, but I kind of love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...