March 7, 2012

Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind

I know everyone was just on pins and needles waiting for the second part of my recap, right? haha

When I found out we were going to Savannah, I was talking with a coworker who had been before and loved the city. She told me all sorts of places to eat and see and then mentioned that Savannah is supposedly super haunted. um...WHAT! I'm a sucker for stuff like that, so I immediately started looking up ghost-related stuff and found a bunch of walking "ghost tours".

I convinced my brother to go with me, but my parents ended up coming to.

My brother and I practicing our "we just saw a ghost" faces lol

It was definitely my favorite part of the trip!

We walked around the historic district and our tour guide told us all sorts of creepy stories and lots of just general history about Savannah as well.After we were all sufficiently creeped out, we grabbed some pizza and went back to the hotel. I'm pretty sure I was asleep by the time my head hit the pillow-I was exhausted! lol

The next day, my brother had some stuff to do for school (ya know, the whole reason we were on the trip lol) so while he and my parents did that I walked around Savannah and explored.

I mostly retraced our steps from the night so I could see everything better and take some pictures. We spent a lot of time at one of the cemeteries the night before, so I went back and walked around. It was so quiet and peaceful-the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning.

When my parents were finished with their part of the school stuff, we met back up and did some shopping. I was pretty hungry, but was able to finally get the thing I had been craving since I knew we were going down south...

Definitely the second best part of the trip haha

Unfortunately, our trip got cut short because there was a massive storm heading through the mountains. Instead of staying the night like we planned, we left early and started our trip home. We made it through the mountains, and passed the storm, before stopping around 2am and the next morning, we finished the trip home.

Admittedly, I've been apprehensive about my brother going all the way down to Georgia for school (Cause I'll miss him!!!!!) but after seeing how cool it is down there, I may be changing my mind- if only so I can go visit him hehe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...