August 19, 2012

All my heros have colorful names and a bad attitude, short-lived fame with an even shorter fuse.

So before I hop in my way-back machine (Jimmy James, anyone? NewsRadio?) and go over everything I did this summer, I should probably start with something recent.

Like last night. That recent enough?

Jimmy's dad was in town and mentioned he was going to the Tigers game, so Jimmy pretty much instantaneously decided he wanted to convince me to go along. It doesn't take much to convince me to go to a baseball game, so after we found some tickets we were on our way.



There was a Kenny Chesney concert going on at Ford Field (which is right behind Comerica Park) so there were a TON of people and a TON of traffic. We left early, but were able to find some parking and walk a couple blocks to the park in time for Jimmy to show off his pitching abilities and grab something to eat before heading up to our seats.

It was also Elvis Night so that provided us with quite a few laughs throughout the game.


We were seated up pretty high so around the 3rd inning we decided to go see if we could find something better. We ended up finding pretty much the perfect seats- upper deck, right behind the plate, second row. I'm convinced that they are the best seats in the house. Unfortunately, they lost but we still had a lot of fun.

After the game, we stayed and watched some fireworks before we went out to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat and play some trivia. We both kept saying what a good time we were having - in fact, by the end of the night, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I'd say that was a pretty successful night.

How's everyone's weekend going so far?
Happy Sunday, ya'll!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...