June 18, 2012

No phone No phone I just want to be alone today

Remember last weekend when I said that, among other errands we ran, I had gone to Verizon because my phone had been freaking out and not charging even though it was plugged in, and it had been relatively painless because the phone was still under warranty? They were going to send out a new one that week-all I had to do was send in the old one and -poof- problem solved!

I was pretty stoked because dealing with Verizon hasn't always been the easiest thing (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had that experience...). 

So, I get the new phone, go to my parents to grab it and activate it, package up the new one and go about my way. Because, hey, problem solved, right?

Not so much.

I tried to type something and notice the "q" key isn't working-there must be a dead spot on the touch screen. This didn't seem like too big of a problem - I mean, how often do I use the "q" key? - until I tried to log into the app store.

The "q" key also doubles as the "1" key. And there's a "1" in my password.

Meaning, I can't long in to the app store.

Meaning, I can't download anything to the new phone.

Meaning, I'm without Twitter, and Instagram, and all the camera apps I use to blog, and the games I use to occupy myself...and everything else I had on the old phone.

In the scheme of things, it's a pretty small problem, but it's frustrating nonetheless. So, I have to go back to the Verizon store and have them send another new phone...Ugh. I'll be getting that done early this week so hopefully by the beginning of next week this whole problem will be solved, for good this time.

Like I said before...
Damn, my dependence on technology!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...