October 24, 2011

And I'd like to say, "I'm sorry", but we lived to tell about it And we lived to do a whole lot more crazy, stupid, shit.

The last part of my super exciting week was on Friday night and it was...another concert!

Three concerts in one week makes for a tired Amanda.

But! It was so worth it!

My ears hadn't even stopped ringing from the show on Wednesday, but on Friday my dad and I headed to Detroit to see the Drive By Truckers!

My dad wasn't even sure if he was gonna go, meaning we didn't buy tickets in advance, which gave me a minor heart attack. Tickets weren't available the day of the show online or over the phone, so we started the to drive to the city while I tried to get in touch with someone at the box office. Luckily, I was able to talk to someone at Ticketmaster, who told me there were about 130 tickets still available. When I got off the phone and told my dad, he immediately put the petal to the metal so we could make sure we got downtown before they sold out. Luckily, we were able to make it and they sold out not long after we got there. Phew!

My dad wanted to go up to the balcony to watch the show since he didn't bring ear plus so I went up there with him for a few minutes before the opening act played.

They were actually pretty good seats, but I wanted to be down on the floor :-)

The opening act was a band called Those Darlins. I expected them to be a little more twang-y, but they were kinda punk/pop. I liked them a lot, actually. The lyrics were pretty cheeky and amusing which was the best part.

After they wrapped up, I made some friends with the guys in front of me who let me sneak up in front of them, meaning I was in the second row (score!)

They ended up being really cool and completely made the show for me! We talked and bonded over the song "The Living Bubba" because it was both of our faves. Their roadtripping van is actually named Bubba haha They were from Wisconsin so we ended up exchanging numbers/fb-I love making concert friends! Plus, it definitely did not hurt that they were pretty cute haha

The Truckers came on and just plain rocked. Really, there's no other word to describe it. This was my third time seeing them, and they rocked hard.

They didn't play "The Living Bubba" but they did play a few of my other favorites-Carl Perkins' Cadillac, Shut Up and Get on the Plane, People Who Died, and of course, Let There Be Rock.

I was dancing and singing screaming and jumping around like crazy.

When I got home, I was exhausted but I was so pumped I couldn't sleep-that sure made for a long day at work on Saturday. But man, it was soooo worth it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...